After visiting Larissa the Polish team counted the students answers to the questionnaire. Although the students were different the results are similar. The students think more or less in the same way. What’s interesting, they have added more comments and it’is good especially that in this way they have opportunity to say whatever they like.
Evaluation Larissa – students
Thirty nine students who have been in Larissa filled the questionnaire. Large majority of the students have had opportunity of speaking English with other people, 69% claim that it was enough for them, 30% students have had the opportunity but not too much, None of the students were too ashamed to speak with other people or haven’t had opportunity of speaking English.
Students have found out a lot of information. They have learnt about the culture (71%), they have tasted the traditional dishes (69%). More than half of the students have learnt new words in Greek language (64%) and learnt about history (61%) and monuments (58%). Less than a half (43%) have found out the tradition of other countries. One third of the students have found out about the educational system (33%) and famous people (35%). About 7% found out something more during the meeting. The students mentioned f.e. dances.
The most important thing for the students during mobility was to make friends with other teenagers (87%), for some of them the most important thing was to get to know new culture (25%) and for 12% it was important to taste new dishes.
Most of the students (76%) found the stay in Greece as a very satisfying experience, only 7% of the students think it was stressful at the beginning but they were content to be there. Three students did not like the stay in Romania but they were glad they could come.
Most of the students are going to keep in touch with their new friends (82%), 20% are not sure about it. Any student is not interested in keeping in touch with new friends.
The students like sightseeing Greece most (79%) and less than a half (43%) like team work most, 7% of students like sports activities and other things for example meeting new people who are like them (17%).
A large majority of the students (69 % ) think they have improved their English, but 28% students don’t think so.
Many students have add comments. They think that:
- it was great and thanks for giving the opportunity to improve his/her English, to socialize and make new friends,
- Greece is very beautiful,
- Comenius is a great experience, he/she had a chance to meet a lot of wonderful people and travel to other place,
- Everything was perfect and he/she doesn’t think it need any comments,
- The student would like to keep in touch with new friends and promise to try to talk to them on facebook,
- The Greek people are very funny and they can speak English very well,
- Thanks for the opportunity,
- Thank you for this experience, the student will remember it for a long time,
- Thanks for the opportunity,
- The students from other country won’t easily talk to Finns because they already knew each others but it has been very fun time,
- The students had a lot of fun,
- Lovely trip, thank you,
- Greece is beautiful. The student likes it,
- The student enjoyed his visit in Greece,
- The student is grateful that he/she could take part in Comenius project. It was one of the best experience in her/his life. She/he already miss everyone and She/he wants to come back to Greece,
- Water in Greece is great,
- The student will miss Greece and people, the student loves them so much and thanks to Comenius for everything.