The 11th Gymnasium of Larissa welcomed teachers and students coming from 6 European countries visiting from 5-5-2014 to 9-5-2014. The countries that visited us are Bulgaria, Finland, Poland, Romania, Spain and Turkey. We hosted 43 students and 20 educators from the countries above.
Some videos of the activities in Larissa, Greece appear below:
Watching Ancient Greek comedy (by Aristofanis) in one of the two ancient theaters in Larissa - Part 2
The music performance (Comenvision) was held in the Amphitheatre of the Municipal Water Company in Larissa. Water Company officials, teachers and students from all participant countries, all the students and teachers of the 11th Gymnasium and many parents participated in the event.
Each country presented its own song:
Finland -> Cup song
Poland -> Valerie
Spain -> Happy
Romania -> Insieme
Bulgaria -> Calling All The Monsters at Halloween
Turkey -> Domino
Greece -> Fragosiriani - Hassapiko dance
The whole presentation was very successful and everybody enjoyed and apllauded the students' presentation.
At the end of the music performances each country was given a cup to remember being part of the Comenvision in Greece.
Greek Traditions and festivals
During the Comenius week in Larissa the teachers and the students enjoyed the Greek hospitality.
The first day at school the Greek teachers helped the students learn how to dance Greek traditional dances.
At the Water Company the greek students danced traditional dances with the participation of all the students and teachers. They also tasted Greek traditional food which was made by the good will of the Greek families. They also experienced Greek music and dance at a Greek tavern.
Next day they visited st. Nicolas church and the monasteries at Meteora and they got in touch with our religions tradition and whorship.
A team of Greek students presented an ancient greek comedy (by Aristofnis) in one of the two ancient theatres of our city. So everybody experienced a performance they had never seen before.
The whole week gave them the chance to see things totally different for their culture but also interesting that will help them have a memorable time during their visit here.
A review of the works of the 1st year, after the visit at Greece appears below
Decisions taken at the 3rd working meeting in Larissa, Greece
1. A competition for the front cover of the comic book to be held in the beginning of next school year.
2. Communication platforms - Forum in the website – a clear proof of communication as the site is a product and it is to be mentioned in the final report.
3. Upload documents by sending them to our finnish partners, pointing out the exact place they are to be put in.
4. Item 18 in the work program
– small gifts > bracelet workshop in Spain.
- each country uploads five photos from the 1st year in the website> a collection of photos/item 18/.
6. Working meeting in Turkey:
a) Each school makes a signpost, using a tree, traditional for their country, e .g. a birch tree for Finland; takes a photo of it and uploads it in the website;
b) Each school prepares something on an environmental issue, typical for their country – e.g. a poster, drawing, etc. - the teams in Turkey make a joint product in any form they choose.
a) In Turkey - Students make entries on the following topics (in the following chapters):
- Hobbies and sports;
- Music and Fashion;
b) Preparations – photos from activities they have practiced, other useful materials.
Decision taken at previous meetings
1. Some partners cut down visits for the sake of better budget management.
2. Replacement of the visit to Poland with a visit to Romania for the sake of better weather conditions.
3. Exchange of topics of the 2nd and the 4th visits, Romania and Turkey, due to greater opportunities as regards sports facilities /in the Romanian school/.
4. Item 19 of the work program - A list of dream jobs made by each school and published in the website.
5. The brochure on the top features of EU - to compose a partnership brochure on the basis of the ones done on local level.
3. Brochure on the top features of EU
4. A comic book
7. Small gifts with national features – in Spain
8. Evaluation quiz/questionnaires
9. …….. on environmental issues- in Turkey
10. Diary /paper, digital/ - in Turkey
Products not discussed yet
11. Sharing traditions/event/ - in Bulgaria
12. Brochure “Unity in Diversity” – in Bulgaria
13. A photo album of students` works made in Spain
14. A video clip on activities in Spain
15. Ppt about all the activities in the course of the project
16. Album of photos on the activities
17. A magazine
PHOTO ALBUM OF ALL ACIVITIES HELD IN GREECE
VISIT TO THE CITY HALL
TOURING AROUND LARISSA
TRADICIONAL GREEK LUNCH AND DANCING
WATCHING AN ANCIENT GREEK COMEDY AT THE SMALL ANCIENT THEATER
DAILY EXCURSION TO METEORA AND TRIKALA
ACTIVITIES AT THE BEACHES OF LARISSA AND TEMPI VALLEY