The students evaluated their visit to Izmir using a questionnaire. After visiting Izmir, the Polish team counted the students answers to the questionnaire. The results are below:
Evaluation Izmir – students
Students who were in Izmir answer the questionnaire about the visit.
Forty two students filled the questionnaire. More than a half of the students have had opportunity of speaking English with other people, 33,33% claim that it was enough for them. None of the students were too ashamed to speak with other people or haven’t had opportunity of speaking English.
Students have found out a lot of information. They have learnt about the culture (66,67%), they have tasted the traditional dishes (52,38%). Large majority of the students have learnt new words in Turkish language (69,05%) it is much more than in any other visit. It might be because all the students stayed at the host families. Students learnt about history (38,1%) and monuments (21,43%). Less than a half (35,71%) have found out the tradition of other countries. Few students have found out about the educational system (14,28%) and famous people (9,52%). One student mentioned that he learned about Turkish personality.
Like always the most important thing for the students during mobility was to make friends with other teenagers (73,81%), for more than a half of them the most important thing was to get to know new country (59,52%) and for one third 38,1% it was important to taste new dishes. One student add that the most important was to get to know about the culture.
Most of the students (57,14%) found the stay in Turkey as a very satisfying experience. Staying in Izmir was stressful at the beginning for one third of students. It was probably because the stayed at the host families for the first time. Nether less they thought it was worth staying at the host families. Only 4,76% of did not like the stay in Izmir but they were glad they could come.
Students added that they liked Turkey a lot and found out that people were nice. Other student wrote that he/she had been scared at the beginning but later he wished to stay longer there, third student added that it had been really nice.
Most of the students are going to keep in touch with their new friends (71,43%), 28,57% are not sure about it. Any student is not interested in keeping in touch with new friends.
The students like both sightseeing Izmir and team work 47,62% and 42,68%, eight students added that they liked making friends the most.
More than a half students think that they have improve their English (57,14 %), because :
• They had to speak English all the time
• They spoke a lot in English
• They learned new words
• Some students from Finland know English very well so they improved their English speaking with them
• They had to talk about different thing in many ways
• They had to speak with many different people in the way they could understand
One third of the students (33,3%) think they don’t improved their English, as a reason for that they wrote:
• They know English very well, so they don’t need it
• They spoke in Turkish because they know it
• They didn’t speak with other people
Some of the students have add comments. They think that:
• He/she learned a lot about the culture by staying with a family
• He/she ate good food
• They laughed a lot
• He/she think it was very funny
• The mobility and the people were great
• Although the people in Turkey don’t know English very well they are wonderful people, very kind and he/she wish to see them again
• He/she loves Turkey and Izmir. He/she likes all these people there. He/she will visit Turkey again
• Huge love
• The people were nice and it was funny
• The people were kind and it was funny to speak other language